February 23, 2011

Talisker

_IGP6474Talisker whisky is from the Isle of Skye and is the only distillery on the island.

My first experience with Talisker was at a whisky tasting by Chris Maile and Aperitif. Chris himself is from Skye and this is of course his favourite. He used to get Talimilk, a mix of Talisker and milk, to cure the flu when he was a kid. That really is growing up with whisky.

This is a whisky with all the characteristics of an island whisky, smoke and peat, but I find it more balanced and complex than some of the other offerings.

This bootle is a Distillers Edition from 2009, distilled in 1998, and is double matured, wich would imply that it is matured in both bourbon and sherry casks. This makes it a more accessible island alternative than many of the regular offerings.

I like this whisky a lot, and since I don’t feel I have the nose or taste buds to give tasting notes I’ll rather share what other thinks of this whisky:

As this is a limited offering, tastings around the net are harder to find, but I do hope you’ll get what you want from these.

Until next time. SKÅL.

No comments:

Post a Comment