January 10, 2011

The Lochside Inn

This is me, at the whiskybar at the Lochside Inn of Islay. All whiskeys are from Islay and we just couldn't get enough of the place.
There are whisky in every price cathegory and they aren't tasting like a camp fire all of them. Even though we are very fond of campfire, as well as iodine, tar, sea and other heavy peaty aromas you could think of.
My wife usually refers to it as airplane fuel and, therefore, undrinkable.
The Lochside Inn is a family business and a very nice one at that. We felt very welcome, the food was good and the Islay hospitality really showed. When I needed a computer to confirm my airline tickets, the hostess lent me her office.
If you need just one reason to go to Islay, this could be it, but I will provide you with several others in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment